Robotics and Coding - all summer long
In these unprecedented times, STEM Robotix is committed to providing enriching educational opportunities for students in the Upper Valley. STEM Robotix is planning a continuous distance learning camp that will run throughout the entire summer.
- CONTINUOUS - All summer camps will run throughout the summer (6/8/20 - 8/14/20). We understand that even in these strange times, families may still travel. Courses are designed with that flexibility in mind. NOTE: Closed (7/6/20 - 7/10/20) for vacation.
- FLEXIBLE - Students can engage to the extent they want. STEM Robotix will respond to their interests and level of focus and provide technical teaching and support according to their abilities.
- PERSONALIZED - Students will have options on what challenges they wish to pursue in more depth. While the courses have core components, each student will be encouraged to find areas to dive into.
- CONNECTED - Students will be able to check in online EVERY weekday via conferencing software, i.e. Zoom, at specific dedicated times for the courses. One on one time with instructors and TAs may be scheduled as necessary.
- Learning courses for this summer include:
- Coding - Scratch (Grades 3 - 6)
- **Coding - Python (Grades 5 - 8)
- **Robotics - Graphical Programming (Grades 3 - 6)
- **Robotics - MicroPython (Grades 6 - 9)
- ** Several complex robotic stations will be run remotely from students downloaded program.....
- We know some families are struggling more than others. The suggested cost for this entire summer long course sequence is $600 - $1000. However, no student will be excluded for financial reasons. Please pay what you can comfortably afford.
- Approximately thirty (30) Lego Mindstorms EV3 kits are available for loan during this summer. If your student(s) need a robot kit, please reach out ASAP.
- STEM Robotix will work to make this course sequence a thoroughly positive and engaging experience for the kids. However, we anticipate challenges along the way. We thank you in advance for understanding the limitations we'll face as we execute this plan.