New Policies during Covid-19 Pandemic
We're back! After an academic year away due to Covid-19, STEM Robotix is back and committed to providing enriching educational opportunities for students in the Upper Valley. After a virtual 2020 summer camp season, STEM Robotix just completed our 2021 IN-PERSON summer camps. Based on that positive experience we will continue offering In-Person groups this Fall.
Operating classes safely during this pandemic is our number one priority so we will be modifying our class protocols. Here is a summary of the changes.
- SCHEDULE - Each group will meet one day (2 hrs) per week for 13 weeks
- PERSONAL SPACE - Each student will be assigned his or her own desk, robot and laptop computer. Students will not be paired up with a partner as we've normally done.
- LESS STUDENTS - The number of students will be reduced compared to previous years. Approx 50% capacity
- MORE ONE on ONE TIME - Less students in each class will allow for more individualized instructor to student time
- ROOM & EQUIPMENT CLEANING - The room including desktop surfaces and laptops will be cleaned daily
- WINDOWS - Windows will be open whenever possible to maximize refresh air ventilation
- VACCINE STATUS - All instructors and teaching assistants will be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. All student families (and any eligible students) are expected to be vaccinated as soon as soon as they are eligible
- MASKS - Everyone is expected to wear appropriate face masks when inside the building
- STEM Robotix reserves the right to modify and/or cancel any group based on enrollment.
- Families will be notified ASAP if it appears that their interested group may need to change/move to a different day/time.